Chairperson: Alicia Reid 718 270-6453 office 718 270-6197 fax email@example.com
Office: A-506 E
Faculty: Stanley Bajue, Richard Denton, Wilbert Hope, Harini Patel, Lawrence Pratt, Alicia Reid, Harhsa Pajapakse, Olwuwaseun Salako, Jin Shin, Dereck Skeete, Michele Vittadello
The Department of Chemistry and Environmental Science (CES) provides high quality education in Chemistry and Environmental Science (ES) for professional, career-oriented undergraduates. The faculty is dedicated to teaching and research excellence in the chemical and environmental sciences. Degrees and minor offered:
- Baccalaureate of Science Degree (BS) in Environmental. There are two BS in Environmental Science tracks: (i) An Environmental Science Track and (ii) An Environmental Health Science Track. Details of both tracks can be found on our website.
- Minor in Cannabis Studies
The mission of the Department is to prepare students for graduate programs in environmental science, chemistry, applied sciences as well as fulfilling entry level jobs in the chemical, health and environmental fields. The goals of the CES department are:
- to develop in our students high-level skills, such as reasoning and problem solving;
- to provide students hands-on research opportunities;
- to prepare students for graduate study in Environmental Sciences, and B.S. programs in Chemistry and related fields;
- to prepare students to compete for well-paying positions in the applied and environmental sciences;
- to prepare students to create their own positions as consultants and entrepreneurs, irrespective of the economic climate.
Students in the Department must pass all departmental required courses with a grade of “C” or better.
ProgramsBachelor of ScienceMinor